RHI Metering Reports
Independent Report on Metering Arrangements
An Independent Report on Metering Arrangements (IRMA) prepared by a competent and impartial person is required to claim the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) for complex systems with an output greater than 45kW.
Redcotec offers support to organisations looking to make a successful RHI claim with Ofgem. We can provide the drawings and technical information necessary to support simple RHI submissions through to the Independent Report on Metering Arrangements (IRMA) required for complex systems.
The RHI Metering Report is required to ensure that all heat is used for an 'eligible purpose' to provide safeguards to that taxpayers' money is being spend appropriately.
Ofgem require that this is provided by an 'impartial' and 'competent person' that can meet all of the following criteria:
- Has expertise in flow measurement
- Has relevant background in energy, heating system design or maintenance
- Is covered by Professional Indemnity Insurance of at least £1,000,000
- Suitably experienced and qualified engineer (at least HND level)
- Is impartial and unbiased
Redcotec employs highly experienced engineers who have obtained all the necessary qualifications to be classified as a 'competent person'. In addition, our independent status means that our advice and services are always impartial and unbiased.
Ofgem have very strict requirements on heat meter type and location. In fact a very high proportion of RHI applications initially fail, resulting in delayed or possibly even lost payments. Expert advice to avoid common pitfalls can be invaluable at this stage.
Our aim is to make a potentially time-consuming, tedious and expensive process as easy as possible. With the high cost of heat meters it is vital to ensure that the numbers installed as minimised yet still comply with Ofgem's requirements. The advice and Independent RHI Metering Report available from the experienced engineers at Redcotec can help to avoid costs for unnecessary meters and obtain RHI payments as quickly as possible.
The typical Redcotec process is summarised below:
- Collection of basic system details and paperwork
- A site survey
- Recording of heat meter locations and serial numbers
- Obtain necessary certificates/calibration from heat meter manufacturers
- Prepare the Independent Report on Metering Arrangements (IRMA)
- Provide advice on any other aspect of the RHI claim process
- Submission of RHI application
- Assist with any follow-up information required by Ofgem
- Successful RHI claim